Our Associate Membership scheme is open to the following organisations
- Town, Parish and Community Councils in England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales
- Groups of elected representatives engaged in local councils (Unitary, County, District and Borough) in England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales:
– Minority administrations of local councils where opposition parties block membership and the administration, therefore, join as a political group
– Opposition groups who will seek to become Full Members if they take control of their local authority.
As Associate Membership fees are paid by the Opposition Group and Full Council membership fees are paid by the Council, there is an expectation that Opposition members will speak to senior officers about transforming their council to become a Co-operative Council once they take control. The CCIN will happily provide the Leader (and Chief Executive) with a Values and Principles Board Mentor who can provide Model Motions and/or additional literature to make the transition as smooth as possible. On taking control, you should submit the population and controllable budget (revenue and capital)
to the CCIN, who will advise on the membership fee for you to provide a PO number for the invoice. Invoicing takes place in September.
- Other elected authorities:
– The devolved administrations of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
– Local and regional governments within Europe and beyond
Associate Membership Application Form