Armed Services Community – Tameside Council
Posted on 28th August, 2019
The Tameside Armed Services Community (TASC) is the partner to Tameside Metropolitan Borough Council in delivering the Armed Forces Covenant. The Armed Forces Covenant was signed by Tameside Council at Armed Forces Day 2012.
Since its formal inception in 2016, TASC has remained a not for profit group formed from the armed forces community with direct links to military charities and wider partner organisations.
Its core aims are to:
- Encourage local communities to support the armed forces community in their area.
- Nurture public understanding and awareness amongst the public of issues affecting the Armed Forces Community.
- Recognise and remember the sacrifices made and faced by members of the armed forces.
- Encourage activities to which help to integrate the Armed Forces Community into local life in the borough.
- Encourage the Armed Forces Community to help and support the wider community through the participation in events and joint projects, or other forms of engagement.